- In Martin Luther’s day where could you still find some of "The Darkness" that was spread over Egypt?
- How many plagues were there in the older “J” source of Exodus and why are they grouped into 3’s?
Why is the "P" source more dramatic?
- Why does Walter Brueggemann think the plagues are the most important part of the book of Exodus?
- What are the parallels between Moses’ struggle with Pharaoh and the civil rights movement in the U.S.
and the empowering of the poor in Latin America?
- Why does Terrence Fretheim say some of the plagues foreshadow a “New Creation” for the Israelites?
- Did the plagues really happen? Is this history or drama?