- Was the Last Supper the Passover? How does Matthew interpret this meal?
- What do we learn about Jesus from the Gethsemane scene?
- What was central to the Jewish authorities’ grievances against Jesus? What was the Roman
charge against him?
- Who was ultimately responsible for Jesus’ death?
- Is there a meaningful parallel between Peter and Judas? Was Barabbas real?
- How do the 3 mocking scenes in Matthew’s Passion Narrative compare?
- Describe Jesus’ death in Matthew. How do we understand the cosmic events surrounding his death?
- Why does Matthew speak of guards at the tomb?
- How is Matthew’s account of the Resurrection different from Mark’s? What is the final scene in
Galilee all about?