- Why do we think it was called The Sea of Reeds and not The Red Sea?
- Why was the parting of the Sea of Reeds a turning point in Israel's history and what makes
us think that this took place about 1200 BCE?
- This story is the melding of three different authors (J, E, P) in different times – what is their
different emphases and which one is Cecil B DeMille?
- Why is the crossing the most powerful Jewish Scriptures foreshadowing of the "Sacrament of Baptism"?
- Why do Catholics read this story at the Easter Vigil Mass?
- What is the significance of Moses carrying Joseph’s bones to the "Promised Land"?
- How does this event give us a deeper understanding of God’s true liberating power?