- Why is the story of the Exodus continually interrupted by liturgical sections? Which authors
wrote which sections and why?
- How do we re-live this event and other New Testament events in liturgy?
- What are the roots of the feasts of Passover and Unleavened Bread and how did they become
tied to the Exodus events?
- Did the detailed rules of the Passover as we read them in Exodus come from Moses or a much
- What is the role of the ‘birkat ha-mazon’ prayer in the Passover celebration at the time of Jesus
and how does this become the Eucharistic Prayer?
- How does the timing of Jesus’ death in St. John connect to the killing of the Passover lambs?
- What is the main theme of the earliest Easter hymn we have (Bishop Melito of Sardis c.200 AD)?
- Why do some theologians say that the book of Exodus, which shows God’s preference for the
poor, is an exercise in partisan theology?